Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

FOs: Envelope Clutches

Shortly before my wedding, my neighbor Kim mentioned wanting to buy clutches for her bridesmaids. I'd contemplated making some for my girls, but ended up eliminating that task as the wedding approached. There just wasn't time. But in true crafter form, I volunteered to make her some for her bridesmaids.

Her wedding is this weekend, so in the last couple of weeks, I worked on getting these clutches made.

I used the lovely Anna's Envelope Clutch pattern.

FO: Envelope Clutches

I think the clutches turned out nicely, but I must admit, the finishing steps gave me trouble. This wasn't Anna's fault. It's just a little fussy, and I'm definitely not a professional bag-maker. Still, I learned how to install magnetic snaps, and I could see a visible difference between the first bag finished and the last. I made these in the smaller size, and I didn't include any pockets or zippers.

FO: Envelope Clutches

I used Joel Dewberry Aviary 2 prints from the stash (although I had to purchase a little more of two prints), to match Kim's wedding colors.

I hope her bridesmaids will enjoy them!

I also managed to finish my second Modern Medallion attempt last night.

Round Two

I'm much happier with those inner points and the smoothness of the block. I've added my next two rounds of fabrics to the block, so I'll share progress again soon!

16 comments:

  1. i adore those clutches. they look very professional from here. did you add batting to pad them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what fabric you chose for your borders. And the clutches look lovely, I'm sure the girls loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drafted my own pattern for purses for bridesmaids. Luckily, I only have to make 2 or 3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those clutches! And you can never go wrong with aviary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really love those clutches. they are so great! the aviary fabric is perfect for them. i love seeing improvement with my sewing also. it is always so rewarding! i LOVE your medallion so much! i can't wait to see more. are you going to work on it in atlanta?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that medallion block hand stitched around the edges?It looks lovely along with those purses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely clutches and terrific fabric - both the print and the colors. I love me some grellow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the clutches, that fabric is so pretty! And I love the center of your Modern Medallion! I wanted to join the class just for the quilt, I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, in true crafter form indeed! It's hard to say no to crafty requests-- especially for something like a wedding. It's so nice to have a handmade touch for those special days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look so chic! Those are bags those women will use long after the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those clutches, Jacey! Your medallion is so pretty, I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking good. I really like the clutches (my favorite fabrics) and your medallion great.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails