Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Handstitched things

I'm feeling a little behind on sharing over here, and today, I want to show you some fun handstitched projects. First up, Amanda made me an amazing wedding gift.

Us, in cross-stitch

She even included CJ, even though he isn't presently living with us. How fun! I absolutely love it, and am trying to decide where to hang it so I can enjoy it daily. I love that she used a, Anna Maria Horner Good Folks print for the matting, too! She used a custom pattern by wee little stitches.

I also completed a little cross-stitch on the retreat. Nicke bought me this pattern for my birthday (ahem, half a year ago), and I finally stitched it up. It took no time at all, and I just love it!

Finished...for now

It's from Shaun of the Dead and you can get the pattern here. Kaelin is pretty crazy about it, so I'm going to mail this one off to her, and stitch it up a second time for me.

There's one more handstitched project to share today.

FO: Swirly needlebook

I finished my reverse applique needlebook in Rachel's class! I love how it turned out.

FO: Swirly needlebook

Rachel supplied the felt as part of the optional class kit, and I used this Amy Butler Lark print. I mimicked the print in my applique cutouts. It was fun and quick. I may make a second needlebook!

I haven't made any progress on my Modern Medallion. I hope to work on that sometime this week!

11 comments:

  1. I love the needlebook and the design you did on the front - it's perfect. I really need to make one with several pages with labels or something to keep track of the different sized needles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so sweet to send it off to kaelin. i bet she is so excited! i do love your needle book. and it is amazing that you hand-stitched the whole thing! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawn of the Dead is one of my favorite movies. I've had my eye on that pattern for some time now but I know I won't get to it any time soon. All knitting all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely needle book and that x-stitch is so fun! i love the personalized family photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cross stitch, and the needlebook is so beautiful! I was admiring it this weekend, but sadly my picture of it didn't turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the needlebook!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your embroideries, both the present and the one you made! your needle book is super cute, too, with those darling paislies on the front!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your hand-stitched goodness Jacey!! I need to get a portrait kit of my family -- that would be so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect little post full of handstitched goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that cross stitch is So cute!! what an amazing gift idea.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails