Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Home again, home again

Ah, it's good to be home. Although, hmmm. It seems I didn't really mention I was leaving! Well, this weekend, I felt like a lucky duck. I met up with new and old friends in Atlanta. Rachel organized a sewing weekend for some friends, and it was lots of fun. I'd already met Rachel, Holly and Amanda at Sewing Summit. It was great to hang out with them, as well as meeting Ara Jane, Nicke, Jessica, and Maureen!

Rachel, Maureen and Ara Jane

I'll share more pictures this week, but I thought I'd start with a few from Whipstitch. We visited on Saturday, and enjoyed the shop immensely.

Ella and me @ Whipstitch!

Oh, and I got to meet Ella! She lives in the Atlanta area, and was able to come by Whipstitch. We didn't get to visit for long, but it was awesome to meet her!

Whipstitch

Deborah has created a very lovely shop! We all found some lovely fabrics for the stash. Here's my loot:

Whipstitch loot

I picked up some Monsterz, Lush running stitch, Melody Miller flowers, Laura GUnn Painter's canvas, and Ellen Luckett-Baker's Quilt Blocks!

Yes, my bag was a little heavier on the return trip, but that's normal, right?

I'll be back soon to share more pictures!

10 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun shop. I'm still waiting to try my hand at sewing and I want to find just the right fabrics but unfortunately there aren't any fun fabric stores in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful loot! Missed you tonight but sounds like an awesome trip. Glad you got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!! Nice picture Jacey!! Well, I got home last night slightly after 2 am and now I'm about to leave for another road trip. I had such a fun time, it was so great to finally meet you and everyone else!! I can't wait to have a chance to blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I had so much fun this weekend :) Love your stash additions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the pic of you and ella! your crazy faces crack me up! it was such a fun weekend. i can't believe it is over already! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great pictures, Jacey. I too love your face with Ella. Such a classic Jacey move. It's awesomesauce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know what I love? How I'm reading your post and everyone's comments with their ACTUAL voice in my head. Miss you girls already!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! Looks like y'all had a great time! And Deborah's shop looks amazing -I have her book and always thought it'd be fun to see her shop! Thanks for the inside peek!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun - and great fabric! I really need to learn to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much fun! Why didn't I notice when we were there how restrained you were in your stash building?!?! I would have been wise to follow your lead - ha ha! Thanks for hanging with me at the airport, it was nice to spend some extended time with you just chatting. Looking forward to another get together with you very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails