Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

A love for wonky stars

Hey friends, I hope you all had fun weekends with some crafty time!
Although I'd always heard they weren't difficult to make, I'd never tried wonky stars for myself until last weekend in Birmingham. We're starting our second round of the Wonky Bee this month, and Melissa asked for any radial blocks. I knew it would be the perfect excuse to dive in with some stars.
Chris purchased the 99 Modern Blocks book from a LQS on our trip, and I found a happy little block to try.

Three Wishes block

This is called Three Wishes. As I made each piece, and the block grew, I loved it more and more. I worked on my second block, with no real plan in mind, and came up with a fun pair of stars.

Wonky Star block for Melissa

I love this block, too! So, it's safe to say, I'm now a wonky star junky. I made a mini this weekend with more stars, which I can't share yet, but here's a peek.
Oh, yes. There will be more wonky stars!

I'm linking up with Megan today!

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

6 comments:

  1. Stars are so fun to make, especially the wonky ones! Both blocks are fabulous and I can't wait to see your mini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love both of your blocks and that pillow from Nicke is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those wonky stars too:) Good job on these Jacey! And...your pillow swap is lovely!-Michaelanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and I also love wonky stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course! I would expect nothing less!!! Wonky stars are so fun. Ach, want to make now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your wonky stars! I'm even more enamored with whatever you are working on in your flickr photo you linked to...wonky star fabric for wonky stars! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails