Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

I am a leaf

So, as promised, I'm here to share with you the mini that Amanda made for me.
First, have you watched Firefly?
If you haven't, I highly recommend it. There's only one season (it got axed, and was followed by a movie, Serenity, a few years later). It's a fun sci-fi show!

Amanda incorporated our shared love of the show with a mini quilt. Amanda picked a quote (from Serenity) from the character, Wash, and embroidered it in a happy yellow thread.

Amazing mini from Amanda

Even better, she used pieces from the ever-amazing Good Folks line, by Anna Maria Horner (along with some other AMH goodies). She paper pieced the curvy triangles, which you can see her working on here. I just love it! She included those fun little fabric pieces of Firefly characters, found on Spoonflower.

Happy yellow yarn

She also included a skein of Malabrigo Worsted in Sauterne. Ah, yellow. How I love you. I've said this before, I know, but I love our crafty community. To find others that share a love for sewing, knitting, quilting, embroidery, crochet, spinning, creating, etc. well, it's an awesome feeling. Thanks again, Amanda, for a very happy swap (oh, and psst! she's destashing some Mendocino at the moment!)!

9 comments:

  1. Love it! That was a great show and the mini is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eep!! I didn't know you were a firefly fan!!! I LOVE THAT SHOW!! This is so super adorable, and now I have to hop on over to spoonflower for those firefly people prints!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mini is gorgeous! That's enough motivation right there to try watching that show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that mini quilt is stunning!! and I love the embroidered text on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- that mini is awesome! Love it! And I agree with you - what a community we have here:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that mini is so cute. she did an amazing job on it. i love the curvy triangles and that yellow yarn... sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love pretty quilts (mini and full-sized) or creative quilts that push boundaries. But I think I like quilts with a story or a connection to the person it is being made for even better. The mini itself is really visually pleasing...but what is even more awesome is the thought she put into making something special just for you.

    Never watched Firefly...going to check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love Firefly as well, although we did not watch it until it was off the air and available via DVD. Sauterne is such a happy color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't watch it until after it aired, too! Yes, that yellow is very happy. No question!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails