Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wedding chatter

I knew I wouldn't be one of "those" brides. For instance, I don't care what color the table linens are (actually, I'm not even sure there will be any).
But Elliott and I have managed to have a lot of fun with the planning so far. Mostly, it's me, but when I ask his opinion, I don't see a glazed look, and I do get a thoughtful opinionated response.
Really, it's working out well. I've only had a couple of freaked out moments, which quickly dissipated.
proof positive that I am rarely serious

Here's a few details of what our day will look like.
New project

Colors: Yellow and gray, with navy and red accents.
I haven't picked out accessories yet for myself, except shoes, which are yellow and fun!
The bridesmaids are wearing gray dresses with red or blue shoes.

I haven't ordered flowers yet, but I'm loving something along these lines.

Our venue changed from the one I picked. Elliott never came with me to see it, but when we went to pay the deposit, he couldn't see us getting married there. We worked quickly to find another place, and ended up with a very fun venue that is cheaper than the first one. Plus, we didn't have to change our date, so all is well.

So, of course, there will be some handmade elements.
I saw this on etsy, and my sister punched me some hearts and stars, which I'm going to stitch to baker's twine.

I'm making each guest a cloth napkin party favor, with a little label that has our initials and the date. I'll share the napkins soon. I've only completely finished one, but I have a few in the works. I'm just using stash fabric for now, and hopefully, I can keep it that way!

My sister took our engagement photos, and we picked one to use on this save the date design. We printed the file ourselves, and they turned out great!

Invitations have been been ordered from Ruby Press, and Ruby was very helpful during the proof process. I can't wait to see them!

Jill and some good friends are throwing me a shower, which I imagine will be very fun. I've been promised there will be minimal games, yummy food and drinks, and good friends. Perfect!

We've picked an incredible honeymoon spot, Vancouver! I'm hoping we have the courage to travel across this, but we'll see.

So, what else would you like to hear about, if anything?

Thanks for letting me ramble about the wedding a bit.
Honestly, I'm just ready for it to be here already.

17 comments:

  1. sounds very cool! i don't think i'd want to make too many handmade things for a wedding. i think it'd get too stressful. sounds like you have things well in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of the two of you is so cute! Your wedding is going to be beautiful! Love the color scheme, flowers, and that adorable heart garland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg this is all soooo exciting!!! as you know, i'm also deep in (well, not too deep since we have LOTS of time) into the wedding planning world and we too are both enjoying it. next weekend my mom is coming down here for my first bridal gown shopping experience! love your colors - still deciding on ours. so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're having a lot of fun with the planning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the handmade details you've got in the works, it sounds like it's going to be amazing!! And so much more personal, knowing that you and your family./friends made so many of the details. I know it's going to be an incredible wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i love it all. i love that picture of you both. i love the colors! i love the idea of stitching to bakers twine. how are you going to do that exactly? it has been so fun chatting with you about your wedding! i am so excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the details! We're thinking West Coast honeymoon as well, maybe Seattle or Vancouver. Great color scheme and DIY elements!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, so fun to hear how it is coming together! That would have given me a heart attack about the venue, that is great that you guys found something that you both like and didn't have to change the date or anything. And I love your colors! And that is awesome that you are making napkin favors, so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wedding sounds likes it's going to be beautiful! I can't wait to see pics. I'm from that part of Canada so feel free to shoot me questions if you have any.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only a couple freak-out moments? I think you are doing better than most! I think how you are approaching this is perfect and I know your wedding will be a beautiful one! You two are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all sounds gorgeous!! Your shoes sound so fun too! Look forward to seeing how it all comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome. My husband has been working in Vancouver lots and says it's a great city. And he walked that bridge. CRAZY. There is no way I'd play that game, but he said it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are SO CUTE in that picture. :) And two and a half years after my wedding, I honestly have no clue if there were table linens, what color they were, etc. And I wasn't too concerned with it at the time! It sounds like you have such a nice healthy attitude about the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the chatter! Handmade napkins - that's perfect. How fun it would be to find a memory like that in the drawer. You're so cute, Jacey!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an exciting time! I remember feeling much the same..I was not worried about too much..just excited to get married. The only advice I can give..From an old married lady (21 yrs. in May) is take LOTS of pictures!!! Just think..someday, years and years from now..some little one will be looking at them...Your children..and grandchildren. You are going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you are doing a great job of personalizing your wedding! Your colors and napkin favors remind me a lot of our good friends Brian and Diana's wedding. You might enjoy seeing their choices since your tastes are similar (http://bklynbrideonline.com/5937/wedding-photos/real-wedding-inspiration-diana-brian/). My husband is the handsome, laughing one holding the "0" in one of the photo booth shots.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! It is shaping up to be a pretty amazing day! Loving all the ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails