Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tadpole's Geese

You may remember that I met Rue in person a few months back. We agreed on a swap around that time. She asked for a mini quilt to hang in her daughter's bedroom. She lovingly refers to her daughter as Tadpole. I love that nickname. She's the cutest little baby, too. I got to meet her in December as well, and she is the happiest baby. Precious!

So, Rue made this swap pretty easy for me. She asked for specific colors, to match Tadpole's room. She also commented on loving the geese mini I made for my mom last July.

FO: Tadpole's Geese

I used some fun prints in the colors she requested. I included prints from Outfoxed by Lizzy House, Tufted Tweets by Laurie Wisbrun, a chevron from Half Moon Modern, Essex linen, a Kona solid, and Laura Gunn's Painter's Canvas. For the back, I used the same green chevron print. I quilted using three different Gutermann threads, a purple, orange and green.

In return, Rue spun me some yarn, which I should have very soon! I'll be sure to share it with you when it arrives.

Have a great rest of your weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I love the quilt you made for Tadpole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty! It makes me want to cover my walls in little tiny quilts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! i love it and i am sure tadpole will love it as well. i can't wait to see the yarn she spun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know she had to love this! Such a sweetheart for doing this and I bet it was perfect timing for her to receive it...a huge pick-me-up.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails