Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

Home improvement: baby steps

It's been almost two years since I bought the townhome. I can't believe how fast the time is gone, and how slow the mortgage is being paid off. I got some new stairs a couple of months ago. It's a nice addition, and a vast improvement from the carpet that covered them previously.

Right now, they are still natural wood, oak to be exact. I haven't been able to choose a stain color, so I've just left them as they are, but I know I need to do it soon, so I don't get them so dirty that the stain is uneven. Here's a color shot, so you can see the golden glow:

They're gorgeous.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Stairs! I don't own my home, so I don't know much about home improvement stuff (yet)...can't you just seal them with some kind of clear, um, sealant? Then you won't have to pick a color.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails