Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Another sewing FO: For Rhonda

My good friend Rhonda moved into my townhome complex just about one year ago. It's pretty awesome having a friend (a knitter, a kitty sitter, a running buddy) so close, and soon after she moved in, I planned to make her some pillows as a housewarming gift. One year later, I'm here to show them off.

Pillows

Friday, when I got home from work, I ironed, cut and placed my pieces. Saturday morning, I sewed them up. I think the whole project took my about 5 hours or so-not bad!

Red + aqua = awesome

I used two half yards of Deer Valley fabric by Joel Dewberry (purchased on Etsy from Fabric Closet. This is one of my favorite lines. I also used a fat quarter I purchased at the Hen House last year. For even better stash-busting credit, the red ribbon was a purchase from at least five years ago. I used the entire 1.75 yard cut I had.

Pillow

The white sashing on the paned pillow is bias tape, which I ironed flat before using. I really like the effect.

These pillows also feature zipper enclosures, which my previous pillows lack.

Pillows for Rhonda

Sarah has requested some pillows for her new abode, so there are definitely more of these in my future.

3 comments:

  1. wow, these are amazing! i love the red and aqua combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look beautiful on my bed! I can't wait to decorate the rest of my room around them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fantastic! I love the windowpane design, and the fabrics go so well together. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails