Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Wonky Pinwheels + Nordika: A new WIP

Nordika

After letting Nordika sit in my stash for a month or so, I finally decided how I wanted to use it.
Nearly a year ago, Natalie shared a tutorial for wonky pinwheels, and asked our do. Good Stitches group to make blocks. I truly could not get them out of my head, and knew that I eventually wanted to make a quilt from them.

I finished a few things recently, and felt it was time to get started.

Mixing Nordika

I combined Jeni's lovely Nordika with some stashed prints, as well as a mixed gray background.

It's a start

I'm pretty sure I'm already addicted.

I will get lots of crafting time this weekend, and I plan to work on the wonky pinwheels, as well as this and this.

10 comments:

  1. Love this pattern and it looks great with the fabrics you've pulled! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a colorful weekend you're going to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh pretty! i can't wait to see your meow quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look awesome! I really like the grays in there. What size are your finished blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great pattern for those colors. It already has so much character. Have a fun weekend stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this pattern! Especially with the greys you've chosen. How big will you make this quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is just beautiful! i love that crazy block. natalie is a genius!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails