Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I lied + progress check

Remember when I said I was going to wait to cast on for something new? Well, yeah. I should never say things like that. Starting a new project is such an awesome process that I just couldn't resist.

I actually have two projects to show you. One was started before I made such a silly statement, but the other was started just this weekend.

Progress: Noro Stockinette Scarf

Using Noro for the first time, here's my Noro Stockinette Scarf using Chirimen, a silk/wool/cotton blend. it's so lovely to work with, and I love the color changes. It feels less scratchy than most Noro yarns. I'm just knitting a simple stockinette scarf with a two-stitch garter border.

Progress: Noro Stockinette Scarf
The exact date of cast on has escaped my mind, but it was sometime in February. The scarf will be as long as two skeins will take me, and I'm already well into the second skein.

Progress: Smoky Purple Clothilde

This weekend, I cast on for Clothilde, using some stashed Stricken Smitten sock yarn. I've been dying to knit Clothilde, but wasn't sure which yarn to use. This lovely purple shade called out to me as I was headed out of town. My mom saw me knitting this weekend, and she has since claimed this shawl as her own; she adores purple.

I apologize for the lack of posts lately. I got a new job about a month ago, and it's been a difficult, albeit good, transition. I have more responsibilities, and I'm working longer hours, but it was a good move. I've still got some DC pics to share, so I'll work on getting those posted soon.

4 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay new projects! both are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...that's such a pretty shade of purple--your mom has good taste!

    Congrats on the new job--I'm glad it's going well! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails