Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Another social site joined

After hearing about Goodreads through several blog friends, I joined recently. I don't really need another online distraction, but it's fun, and very useful.

I've been working on my "read" list, and have added many new items for my queue of "to-reads". Although I'm still working on Wicked, I walked to the library yesterday. There's one literally right around the corner from work. I haven't had a library card in ages, so I filled out an application. I was very amused to find out that I was still in the system at my parents' address (they don't live there anymore and aren't together), which I haven't lived at for TEN years. Funny. Even funnier, the librarian informed me that there was a late fee on the account: $1.40. Hilarious. So, I paid my fine, and picked up two books, one of which I started last night. It's Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro. I tore through the first third of the book last night, which was highly enjoyable.

For any of you who would like to link to me on Goodreads, I'm here.

Happy reading, and happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love my local library network! That's where I get virtually all of my reads. I rarely buy books anymore.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails