Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Round Robin start

I was asked to join a new round robin traveling quilt bee, and I am really excited! There are just four other members, and I feel like each quilt will be unique and challenging. It is always fun to work within someone else's vision, and it often makes me consider something I wouldn't normally.

Round Robin bundle

And you know, it is an excuse to start something new! I chose a more subtle palette than I normally do, although it has lovely pops of bright citron!

Round Robin start

My starting piece was a block from the first issue of Quilt Now, which is a drunkard's path with a star pieced into the center. I really love it, and I added a little asymmetry to it, with some leftover pieced solids and a strip of Dreamin' Vintage.

Two WIPs

I left it hanging with a batch of quarter log cabin blocks, until it was time to send it off (but those log cabin blocks are still hanging!). I can't wait to see how this quilt evolves!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful, fresh palette. I can't wait to see how your quilt takes shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy seeing these Round Robin's develop. Lovely stack of fabrics to start!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails