Pages

Friday, June 27, 2008

I might as well just strike this sentence from my vocabulary

I don't know why I do it, and I know I'm not alone, but I always hear myself saying "I'm not going to buy yarn (obviously, other items can be inserted in place of yarn) for X number of days/months/until I use X amount." What a stupid thing to say. It's just out there, taunting you, daring you to break the promise you've just made. Inevitably, you break it. Whether you rationalize it or not, it happens. I've decided that I'm going to try to stop saying I won't buy yarn. The truth is, I will.

A new friend, Sonya, and I were talking about process/project knitting last night (my fourth public knitting event in two weeks!). I'm definitely a process knitter. Although I, like every knitter, like to finish something once in awhile, I barely ever do, but I love the process. I love to pick out the perfect pattern, the perfect yarn (which may or may not be in my stash), search through Ravelry to see what others have done with the yarn or pattern, and start knitting. I love to challenge myself with a pattern that seems just out of reach for my skill level. Although I love a good solid stockinette patch, a pattern needs to have some element of challenge, if it's going to keep my interest. Obvious exceptions from this rule are gift knitting, as you sometimes do need a quick and easy FO.

And that brings us to my latest cast-on, the symmetrical braided gauntlets that I started two days ago. I need to make a few gifts in the next month, and this pattern is easy and beautiful. I'm pretty sure it will be a go-to for gifts.

As I said, two days ago, I cast on, and I just bound off the first one. You can't get any simpler than that.

1 comment:

  1. I see these being finished by the end of the weekend. I need to remember these for my gift giving. Man, you're fast!

    Sonya

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails