Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Spin me right round

Sarah and I took a spinning class this past weekend at Hill Country Weavers in Austin. This was my first class (and really, it's been a month of knitting/crafting firsts), and it was so much fun. We were by no means experts by the end of the class, but I think all of the students (I think 7 or 8 total) left with a grasp on the basics, as well as a desire to immediately buy a wheel! Sarah and I joked about a timeshare spinning wheel, which might not be a joke at all.

I don't have any pictures of me spinning, but here are Sarah's hands in motion. It's amazing to see the fiber go from a pile of unbrushed wool to this:

Here's our finished yarn off the wheel:

Not the most gorgeous hank of handspun in the world, but not too shabby.
We're already talking about taking the second class next month.

In other fiber news, I've made some stash enhancements in the last month, but no pictures to show just yet. I cast on for a cabled bag, published by Ganiggle while on my trip.

This Wool of the Andes color, Tidepool Heather, is such a gorgeous shade of blue-green (with little yellow bits thrown in). I love it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous! I have been wanting to learn how to spin as well. You guys did a great job.

    Sonya

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails