Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fastest quilt top. ever

If you're in need of a super fast and lovely quilt top, I highly recommend Jeni's tutorial for the giant vintage star quilt.

Vintage Star

I cut fabric for this Friday afternoon, and finished sewing it together last night. Overall time was probably five or six hours including ironing (and a few breaks).

I used a fat quarter bundle (8 prints) of a line called Vintage Summer by Little Yellow Bicycle for Blend Fabrics. I paired the prints with Kona Chocolate.

Vintage Star Top

Elliott helped me get some pictures while we visited my mom this afternoon. I plan to get the back made this week, using more Chocolate, and a yard of the cheater print for the line (I got this from Brenda, but it is unfortunately sold out.) Of course, I am out of batting again (except for the one reserved for Swoon!), but as soon as it's back "in stock", I'll put this one in the quilting queue.

And to leave with you some cuteness, my friend Amy just welcomed a new kitty into her home. Ringo!

Ringo

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I have some of this line, but not the cheater print... all sold out when I tried to get some :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to have a project go so quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great and a quick finish is always welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is so pretty and i love the chocolate! it is perfect with this line! li love a quick finish too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also, i really love that cute kitten. i bet he is super silly and fun!

      Delete
  5. Yay for a productive weekend! I love it when I can look back on Monday morning and know I did something worthwhile with my time. And Ringo is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and the chocolate works so well! And I have to say it was beautiful in person! Looking forward to seeing
    all that you can create! and I love the new kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tutorial was the very first quilt I ever made! I loved how fast it was. Yours looks great - LOVE the chocolate. I'm a sucker for browns! Ringo is adorable too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Love that quilt...might have to put this into my creative queue:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This quilt is fantastic! I love the brown with those pretty Summer colors, I can't wait to see how you quilt it! I am so happy to be blog hopping again! It was a nice break, but I missed you Jacey!

    xx Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! Jacey you are amazingly productive. Miss you all and cannot wait to see how you quilt this one. I feel for you on the "out of batting." I think maybe we need to order a bolt of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous...can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails