Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

A few more gifts

I know I'm not alone in great gift ambitions. There were a few things left in my pile this time around, so I'll be finishing a few late Christmas gifts in the upcoming weeks.

But let's talk about what did get finished, shall we?

First, my friend Sara, wove this beautiful scarf for my mom. And now I want a loom...
I purchased this yarn back in 2010 with hopes of knitting a pair of socks for my mom. The yarn celebrates her deep love for Texas A&M, but alas, it sat in a drawer until I realized I could send it to Sara for some instant gratification gifting. Sara did an amazing job, and my mother loves it. And now I have a little less stash guilt. Win, win, win.

Other scarves were made by me, out of a pile of pretty voile fabrics. I used AMH's notes with a length of 72" per scarf. These were a big hit with my family, and I enjoyed pairing the fabrics for each recipient.

I made a second Super tote (right down to the wire) for Rhonda. Not sure how it's possible, but I love it even more than the first. I used a variety of red-orange and teal prints, along with a natural linen for the exterior.

I'm especially proud of my quilting on this one.

That's all for now!
I've been thinking a lot about my hopes for the new year. I'll be back soon to share my goals, unfinished and new!

8 comments:

  1. oh, I would love a loom! The super tote is gorgeous :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love that super tote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bold pairing of the red/orange and bright blue is singing to me. Yes to the quilting! It's been fun to see you in this space a bit more lately =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacey is right! I LOVE the scarf! The color ps are perfect for me! Gig em Aggies! So proud of my talented daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacey is right! I LOVE the scarf! The color ps are perfect for me! Gig em Aggies! So proud of my talented daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that super tote. the quilting lines are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your fabrics and quilting on the tote are really nice. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails