Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2016

FO: Show Pillow

FO: Show pillow

Elliott called this 'the Show pillow' when I first finished it (months ago), and it stuck.
I think what he meant by the comment is that it's fancy.
Good enough for company!

It makes me smile everytime I look at it, and I guess that's what's important.

WIP: Liberty pillow

I started this pillow in May of 2012, at the Houston MQG retreat. I just started quilting Liberty scraps, using a soft pink thread.

The project lingered for a long time. I would quilt a few and set it down again. Then late last year (maybe September or October), I finished in a frenzy.

FO: Show pillow

I bound it in this favorite black and white.

Living room

I love how it looks in our living room.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, the cushion is gorgeous! And that shot with the quilts is a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems like a nice, relaxing way to make a pillow. Happy finish =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of the paper collage with Mod Podge we made as kids...except this is soft, quilted and gorgeous! All that Liberty loveliness! I love the look, and what a great way to use scraps. I'm curious, did you just quilt them down with raw edges, or use fusible on the backs? Or a sew-and-flip method?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it looks in your living room also. I especially love seeing that quilt hanging above your couch also! <3

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails