Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

January recap - new recipes

Olias

Olias, because I dislike pictureless posts.

I had grand plans to share this earlier, but I set a challenge to try three new recipes each month this year (in hopes of working my way through some saved pages/pins and a modest cookbook stash). In January, we managed to try six new dishes! I thought I'd make a monthly entry here to keep track of the ones we tried, and maybe you'll find some dinner inspiration.

-Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup from Skinnytaste
This was tasty, but I think I would add more vegetables next time.

-Lemon chicken pita burgers
We loved these, but I'll add more seasoning next time. We also used a whole egg instead of egg whites.

-Tangy Carrot Salad (again, from Skinnytaste)
This was a favorite. I devoured it. I love lemon.

-One pan roasted chicken and vegetables from The Make Ahead Cookbook
Loved this, and will make again. The dark meat could have been removed a few minutes early, but everything had great flavor.

-Apple Walnut Salad from Homesick Texan Family Table
We made a few mods to this, like pecans instead of walnuts. Super tasty.

-Molasses bacon sausage (again, Homesick Texan)
Um, yeah. This was amazing, and we actually have some in our freezer right now. And I want to eat it all.

2 comments:

  1. I tried two new recipes last weekend. Mississippi Pot Roast (pinterest) - WONDERFUL. Cilantro lime chicken (pinterest) - not so much. You will some, you don't win others. I need to check out Homesick Texan since I am a Texan.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails