Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

FO: Waypoint

My friend Jeni wrote an amazing book that came out last fall. Patchwork Essentials is a great resource, no matter your skill level. It has charts (Jeni loves charts!) for creating half square triangles of different size using various methods.

Waypoint top

And it has patterns like Waypoint.

This quilt immediately grabbed me when I opened Jeni's book. Part of the reason is probably her color choices (she used a favorite line, Sugar Pop, with lots of orange and purple). The pattern also appealed to me, because it lets large focal prints shine.

Waypoint

The Alexander Henry floral print I used is a favorite from the stash. I never had a plan for that print, but I love the colors and the boldness, so it seemed like a perfect choice in this quilt.

Waypoint 1

I chose others from the stash, building on the floral, and the top came together in less than a week.

FO: Waypoint

I finally quilted it a few weeks ago, and bound it in a lovely mustard.

FO: Waypoint

As usual, I made a scrappy back for it, in grays and pinks with little yellow pops.

FO: Waypoint

Elliott helped me with the photos, but as you can see, it was a windy weekend. We took the finished shots in Galveston, during a day trip on Saturday.

I've already got a second project in the works from Jeni's charts, and I hope to share that in the next few months.

4 comments:

  1. You're the sweetest! I love your quilt, the colors are SO good. Like candy!! (And yes, I do love a good chart!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's really lovely! Now I want a dress in that floral, though :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails