I collected the materials early last year, and then I kept putting off the actual making. The actual making time took just a few hours, so I'm not sure why I waited!
Especially because the cats have been using it nonstop since I finished.
Elliott helped me sand and apply the foam, and we both agreed we can do even better on the next upholstery project. Taking the time to cut the foam level on the sides is worth it!
I used a variety of Ellen Luckett-Baker Garden prints, which are cotton-linen blend (and have also been interfaced). I have had them for years, and am glad they will be enjoyed in bench form (bonus: gray cat hair blends nicely).
Oh, wow. After checking etsy to share the source for the legs, I bought them in September of 2015. I bought the legs from this shop, and the quality is excellent.
As usual, Anna's instructions are clear and concise.
The bench lives in my sewing room, in front of the window (a perfect cat nap spot).