Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

FO: One year late hat

My friend Adam asked me to make him a hat for Christmas last year. Almost a year later, I decided to get one finished for his birthday present. This Friday, I will proudly present him with this gift:

Modeled (rather reluctantly) by Dean

Details:
Jacques Cousteau Hat, by Typy
Yarn: Knitpicks, Wool of the Andes, Forest Heather, 1.5 skeins
Needle: Size 7, Knitpicks circular
Time: 2 weeks
Thoughts: I felt like I knot on this forever, even though it went rather quickly. Ribbing is just repetitive, so that's probably where the feeling came from. I like the way it turned out, although if I make this again, I will cast on even less stitches with worsted weight yarn. As it is, I cast on 100, but next time, probably 80 stitches will do. I also am not a big fan of a fold-over brim, so I will probably reduce the overall height of the height next time as well.

I hope he likes it, and I'll find out soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails