Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Taking a note from Something Red

In retrospect, although I'm very proud of Something Red, I doubt I will wear it very often. It doesn't fit me, not really. It's sort of gapey in the boob area, and it just doesn't feel flattering. I like the color I chose, and I think the knitting is decent, but it just doesn't fit.

The reason is clear now, and I think I know how to fix it. When working the increases, I kept increasing well past the point that I needed to stop for my body. This is an obvious realization for most knitters, but there you go.

I now know what a sweater should look like when it's time to separate the sleeves. I'm taking this new found knowledge in my next sweater attempt (even though I have a vest and my Central Park Hoodie on the needles, I know), Pink, by Wendy Bernard. I just got Wendy's book, Custom Knits, and the first design is a basic raglan sweater. I decided this is a good place for me to try again, and hopefully end up with a better fitting sweater that I can wear regularly.

I cast on with one of the first yarns I purchased, Berroco Touche. It's so soft, and the color is really rich. It knits up beautifully. I'm not sure about stripes (the design features a couple of stripes on one sleeve), but I've got three possible yarns to use for that purpose.

Hopefully, I won't lose momentum on this one.

1 comment:

  1. You are up TOO early and already thinking about Yarning!
    I'm thinking about getting stuff out of the way and off my list so I have time to sit and put a few rows on my SHRUG before you see it. Tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails