Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Spicing up the Kitchen preparations

I've been working on my SUtK swap offerings, but I've hit a bit of a wall. Sometimes, it's best to walk away and think about things before continuing, so that's what I'm doing now. Here's a sample of the fabrics I'm using:

Partner, how do you feel about this?

I've added a bit to this stack, but I think it suits my partner pretty well.

I'm planning three parts for this swap, and the first one is complete.

Part one for SUTK: complete

The second part is where I've hit the wall. I've made two versions of the item, and it's just not quite perfect.

Do any of you have the same feeling of inadequacy when you know the item is for someone else? Anytime I'm making a gift, I'm ten times harder on myself about it.

I'm working on the dimensions of the third item, in the meantime. I've got one month left before I have to mail my package to my partner, so I've got a lot left to do!

3 comments:

  1. I am always way more stressed out when making things for other people. No matter how it turns out, I'm afraid of it looking obviously "homemade". I love the colors you've chosen and I'm sure it will turn out great. Try not to be too hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the fabrics that you've chosen! i definitely try harder when i'm giving things away than when i do them for myself but i'm sure that whatever you do will be appreciated. can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that fabric is beautiful...can't wait to see all the items you chose to make!

    I'm pretty critical of everything I make, whether it be for myself or for someone else....which is a tiring way to live, no? This year, I'm trying to learn to embrace my imperfections more and to realize that what I'm critical of will never even be noticed by the gift recipient. With that said though...yes, it helps to walk away and come back to a project. Sometimes it takes time for things to click.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails