Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

FO: Bridges

This sounds crazy, but I finished four quilts last month. There was the Wintry Shoo-fly, Meena's baby quilt, the Madrona Road MQG challenge, and this one.

FO: Bridges

WIP: 2wenty Thre3

I started this one back in November, shortly after quilt market. 2wenty THr3e (so weird to write it that way) was one of my favorite lines from market, and I managed to get two "candy" charm packs (2.5" squares).

I resolved that I would minimize the use of other prints and make a quilt top with them. After looking through my solids stash, I loved the look of Kona Pond with the 23(shortening here) palette.
I also used an unknown burgundy solid, in small bits. As you can see from the photo above, I started with blocks of strips, and used Kona Pond to fill in the rest.

Bella

A swirly free-motion pattern felt right on this; it's a very soft color scheme.

I wrote my name on it.

I had the best time quilting this one. I wrote my name and some other fun things.

Textured

The resulting texture is crinkly. delicious. comforting.

The back

I used a variety of stashed remnants and more Kona Pond and burgundy for the back.
This one measures 50" x 64".

This one really challenged me; I have a hard time limiting prints and letting solids really shine. I love it.

23 comments:

  1. i love that sea of blue and your quilting is really gorgeous. how different are our quilt photo backgrounds, eh? it's like we're on separate planets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic! I love how blissful your cat looks in the quilting photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. And has cat approval! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! You are on a roll! This one turned out so good. I love that you challenged yourself on this one -- the limited palette and design really make it stand out. It's absolutely beautiful and your quilting is getting so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so lovely, jacey! i love all that negative space and how it shows off your beautiful fmq!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how this one turned out! you did, however, fail to mention that this is bella's quilt. clearly she's claimed it for herself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous - really love the design and your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really nice...I have to say I don't know if I like the front or back better on this though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is nice, I love the colors. Cursive j's are one of my favorites to write. I bet it'd be fun to quilt it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. holy crap! i din't realize you finished 4 last month! you are amazing~! this is gorgeous jacey! perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, this is great! I love the burgundy bits with the light and bright prints.

    And thanks for a lovely dinner last week - it was great to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the burgundy bits on the front, and well, everything else. THAT'S IT! I need to learn FMQ. You are just having too much fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I'm just seeing this. How cool! I love the layout on the front!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's gorgeous! I love that you included your name in the loopy doodles (that sounds funny, doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So is this one for you to keep? I really love the front of this (the back is lovely too but the front really stands out for me). I find it interesting that I'm drawn to these that have small strips of different colors with wide swatches of plain fabric. It's unique and quite eye-catching! Your quilting, by the way, is impressive. But I'm curious to know what else you wrote besides your name? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you quilted your name in! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How did I miss this??! This is AMAZING, Jacey!! Definitely my new favorite quilt of yours!! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails