Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Wonky Bee, Traveling Edition

I have lots to say about Quiltcon, but I'm still processing some things. I hope to share my thoughts in the next few days. I'm embarrassed to say that I took very few pictures. I have a few from my cell phone, at least. Luckily, there are lots of people that were better than I. It was a really wonderful experience.

Today, I wanted to show some progress on round three of the Wonky Bee. As you may remember, this is a traveling round. Along with basic guidelines or desires, you send a stack of fabric and a starter block(s) to the next person. It's been lots of fun so far! We are working on our third rotation.

Nicke's traveling quilt

I received Nicke's quilt first. Her block is on the top; I added two blocks below, and of course, some Dear Stella stars. I loved the embroidery, especially!

Wonky bee: Melissa's quilt

Melissa's quilt was next. Her project consists of (mostly) gradient strips at varying widths.

First word

I just finished my first word for Jessica's quilt. I just love the scrappy neutral look. I hope to make another word, and assemble some of the blocks (since we're past the halfway point).

Wonky Bee Round 3

You may remember this stack of fabrics, which I selected for my quilt.

The start of my quilt

I started with these blocks, and both Sara and Amanda have added some fun things!

Traveling Wonky Bee
Amanda's progress, photo by Amanda

Wonky Bee R3
Wonky Bee R3
Sara's additions, photos by Sara

I'm excited to see how this quilt turns out!

6 comments:

  1. So many pretty blocks! I really like your "Give" with the variety of neutrals and funky piecing at the bottom.

    BTW, I wish I had had more time to talk with you and Chawne, especially post Saturday lectures. So much I would have loved to hear spoken about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice blocks! The last picture 2 color star on red base is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, there's so much to see here. Of course I love all the improv goodness. But I have to tell you -- I'm really digging your fabric selections (always) but especially lately. So cool, just like you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhh, that 'Give' is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you happen to know what pattern Sara used? I'd love to make a similar block. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this round so much! i have sara's fabric on my sewing table. im trying to get inspiration! i better troll pinterest for a minute! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails