Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

No name shawl

I haven't decided what to name this yet, but I cast on for the Multnomah shawl last night. I've been reading Hello Knitty's blog for quite some time, and this is her second design. It's such a gorgeous shawl, and it seems perfect for this yarn I've had stashed since last summer:

This is Unique Sheep's Verve in Dusk Dark. It makes me think of Van Gogh's Starry Night. I love how fast a shawl works up when the rows are short.

Don't worry, I'm still working furiously on my Boston sweater, but after finishing the body, I haven't had some uninterrupted time to pick up stitches for the button band. I plan to do that this weekend, though, and then it's smooth sailing again.

1 comment:

  1. Starry Night - you're right, it does bring that painting to mind.

    I liked your last post. I can do some serious relating there with attempting to just leave it rather than trying to fix. Although I'm better at it some days than others (same for us all!), in recent months I've had a similar experience. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails